Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wedding/ Receptions/ Move In

Hey everybody. So Jesse and I have finally rejoined the world. The wedding was everything I wanted and more. We definitely had a couple of bumps before it (such as losing my wallet with EVERYTHING in it such as license, soc security card, recommend, money, bank cards). It was a good thing we had already went and got our marriage license or else we would have been in REALLY big trouble. Other than that the wedding went smoothly. There was of course me worrying and freaking about everything before I got to the temple, but after that I couldn't have had a better time. The temple was beautiful, our sealer was really nice and funny and it was good to see family there supporting us as well as some really good family friends.The reception for Logan was moved inside because of bad weather but my parents and everyone who helped (THANK YOU) did an Amazing job! I especially liked the wishing well that Grandpa had made. Which is now of course at home with mom in their yard. =] The true reason why mom was so happy I got married was for all of the stuff she got to make for her yard to use as decoration.

The reception in Illinois was also
gorgeous. We also had some more bumps along the way. Such as Jesse and I getting food poisoning the day that we were leaving for Illinois. It was a very unpleasant ride and I can say the worst I've ever had. Jesse was a lot worse than I was. I had to take him to the hospital because he was so sick. He couldn't keep any of his fluids down so off we went to the ER. They put an IV in him and gave him anti-nausea medicine. You can tell by the picture that he was so excited to be there. But he did start feeling a lot better once 3/4 of the IV was in him.
The weekend after this "wonderful event" was the reception in Illinois. We had a TON of people show up. And I'll tell ya, a lot of people in Benton, Illinois (where Jesse is from) loves Jesse! We probably got half of our registry gifts from out there. Even though we had to haul it all back we were still very excited to have it. Especially since all the hauling we had to do was put it in the moving truck with mom and dad's stuff and they would haul it for us =].

It was really fun spending time with Jesse's family. Especially getting to know more of his family such as his Grandparents. One family member that I really came to love was their dog Puppy! In the picture you can see him eyeing one of the buckets of Chicken Salad that was left over from the reception that we were eating out of. He is super cute and liked to try and jump into bed with us in the morning and sleep with us.
Well after all of the fun in Illinois we were headed back to the West and to Rexburg. Jesse's dad was really nice and gave us some of his free nights that he had built up at a Drury Inn. So we stopped over night in Kansas City and the next morning continued on our way to Denver, CO! Reason why we picked Denver as our main place to stay and be was because it was the furthest west we could go. So Denver it was. While we were there we were going to go to the mountains, go around downtown, go to the temple, etc. We were going to do all of that. But then I got a really nasty infection which put me in the ER. It was also probably the worst ER I've ever been to. It took them FOREVER to get everthing and to help me.
They would help me for a second, leave and not be back for about 15+. But they finally doped me up on Vicodin for the worst pain I've ever gone through in my life. I made them give me two because the first one did help but it didn't quite cut all of the pain. So they gave me another and I was knocked out in the next 10 minutes. Apparently I was asleep for about an hour before they finally let me go. Jesse had to practically carry me to the car. It was the weirdest feeling not being able to stand by myself. So for our honeymoon in Denver we saw "Up" in the cheap theatre (which everyone in my family should see because the main character is EXACTLY like Grandpa Reese) before I got sick. And for the last three days of it we played Jesse's PS2 because I couldn't get out of bed.
But now we are in our apartment in Rexburg and relaxing. The apartment is really nice too. We have had a problem with ants but we went and bought some ant traps and a vacuum and we haven't had much of a problem since but we are still watching it really closely. I'm pretty sure we don't want anymore roommates, especially those kinds of roommates.
We went to church today and the ward seems great! It really seems like a fun ward and really active in doing stuff together. We've already made pretty good friends with one couple that also live above and one apartment over from us. I also saw someone from Ofallon Stake in Illinois and we talked to her and her husband a lot. It was really nice seeing a familiar face. I didn't feel so lost and nervous.

No comments: