Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Projects

So, lately Jesse and I have been looking for a picture of Christ to go into our apartment. We have one of the Logan temple where we were married, one of the Proclamation of the Family, now we just need Christ! So we began our hunt! We looked at Distribution Services and they didn't have anything that we wanted. All they had were the old pictures like the ones that you remember from Primary. Then we looked at Deseret Book. They had some really nice ones there! They were even half off! For $450! Yeah, didn't happen. But hope was still there.
The very next day I had to go to Porter's (the local craft store). I had to because they sell art stuff and I needed to get some brushes. While I was looking at brushes Jesse found this fantastic way to create your own homemade collage thingy. (I don't really know what to call it.) But you get a board cut in sections. And then you get your images (they can be whatever you want), some scrapbook paper, and your High Gloss Finish (we got EnviroTex Light. Apparently it's like 50 coats of varnish in just one layering) and vwalla! You have a masterpiece! The only thing is I'm not a very patient person when I get really exciting art projects. I had a couple of problems in the beginning because I spray painted the board black and tried to put the pictures on too soon. Needless to say, I had to redo the paint and wait even longer. Right now mine is still drying (it takes 24 hours to cure all the way) but I was too excited to show you all how much fun I've been having and saying that you should do it too! Or if you want to pay a little for supplies I would totally do it again!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

So, I have a confession. I was totally going to make you guys a temple picture like that for your wedding, but I think the photo paper was lousy and absorbed the glossy finish stuff weird, and it was all splotchy. I love pictures like that!

Malone and Brittany said...

Cindy, the SAME thing happened when I tried to do it! I think it was because I used sucky varnish stuff. But now we bought the good stuff, we just need to get around to doing it. I know, I'll let you do it for me Ashley!