Wow so I've realized that I'm really terrible at posting lately. So this is just another novel saying that not much is going on in my life.
Work is still barely survivable. I haven't acquired any new wounds from my clients (knock on wood). But that doesn't mean that they haven't been having behaviors. Take one of my clients for example. He is usually ok with things and pretty chill. That is unless you take one of his beloved toys away because he is throwing it. I still don't understand why he does that. But needless to say his behaviors will then consist of him running around the room slapping his thighs, biting his wrist and arm, and throwing his arms up and yelling. We've decided he is praising the Lord when he does that (we have to try and find humor in the client's behaviors or else we would have gone mad and joined our clients a long time ago). But on the more severe cases my client will actually attack me. As in try to hit me wherever he can get to me and if I try to run, he will run after me. Kind of scary the first time but you learn to dodge and block him with practice. However today he was quicker and a lot smarter. This time he actually grabbed ahold of my hair. Needless to say I immediately grabbed his wrist and somehow anchored him to me so he couldn't try to pull back and give me a bald spot. It took three other staff to come over and pry him off of me. My head was very tender after that episode and I was very much not ready to love my client anymore. But he finally calmed down (Alelujah) and was able to get a toy again. Overall it lasted about 15-20 minutes of him doing all of this.
As for my other client, she likes to scratch anyone who is making her mad (which is mainly me because I'm the one makes her work because I'm her staff and I have to). Today she was being her normal ornery self but overall she was ok. That is until lunch time. DUN DUN DUN! She happily was eating her food when she started to reach for what I was eating which was Plov! Good stuff, I don't blame her for not wanting it. However, I kept telling her that it was mine and not hers. She of course became angry after many more attempts of reaching out towards my food and me telling her no. So she threw her plate and tried to tip the table over. *sigh* I'm telling you, my clients decided they wanted to hate me today. After this of course I had to have another staff come in so we could make her pick up her mess and finally take her back to our room where she could sit in time out for ten minutes or so. During all of this, my client was trying to hit and scratch me. However, I was too quick for her! Bwahaha. She didn't even make a mark on me this time! Bwahaha. So I guess that was an accomplishment for the day.
So yeah that's a normal day at work for me. I will be getting new clients at the beginning of March though. And these ones are no where near as bad or behavioral as my current ones. Which is a good thing because I'm ready for a breather and a more relaxing time. Especially since I'll be leaving there in April so I can go back to school.
As for other news, I'm going to Rexburg this weekend! WOO! I'm so excited because I will be seeing Jesse (who is my boyfriend in case anyone forgot). I'll be leaving as soon as possible after work on Friday and will be staying with my old roommate in my old apartment there in Rexburg. I'm honestly so excited to see her too. I miss all of my roommates so much! But I'm sure all of you know that this weekend in Valentine's Day so that is a major reason for why I'm going up there. Also why I'm going up this weekend is because I don't have work on Monday! WOO!!! Now that I am really super excited for!
More news is that Jesse has found a job! YAY! It is with Pinnacle Security Systems and is a door to door sales thing. It also requires him to relocate...to California...BOO!!! It's one of those jobs that can either be really good for you, or it can totally screw you over. He could either earn little to nothing or $40,000 in just a couple of months. It all depends on the person and how they work it. I know that Jesse can do an excelent job at it because he is just that kind of a person. I just don't like that he'll be in California. It would be for four months (April-July I believe). Which means he wont be able to go to school this semester AND he'll miss my birthday. The punk! lol j/k. I just don't really like it because he'll be leaving. Especially since I just barely got him to come out here from Illinois. *sigh* But he feels really good about it and thinks he can really succeed at it so I guess more power to him. Plus thinking on the brighter side of things, if Jesse feels so good about it, even after praying about it then that must mean that that is what the Lord wants him to do right now and he had better go along with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment