One thing I have learned from working at Coppin's Hallmark is that I never want to work in retail around Christmas time EVER again. Even if it is online. Ever since after Thanksgiving I've been getting busier and busier at work. Mondays were always the worst because it includes whatever came in over the weekend. My boss told me that the highest order number they had ever reached in the past was up around 150. The record high this year...400. I hated my life on those days. But this last Friday was the last day we guaranteed before Christmas shipping and we had to get EVERY order out by 5:00 p.m. Needless to say I have never worked that fast before. But now things should slow down (hopefully).
But that is not what this post is about. This last Friday was SO stressful. Not only did I have to get every order out by 5, I had to meet my mom at 5 too before she went to Layton to prepare for my brother's wedding the next day. I met her and my dad at Hallmark to see if they wanted to take advantage of my employee discount. They didn't but I did =). However, when i went to pay I noticed my credit card wasn't in my wallet! Thank goodness I had my debit card too. Afterwards I called Jesse, told him the stressing news and hurried home. We tore the house, the car, and my purse apart searching for the stupid thing. Oh and during this we were preparing to go to my sister's to watch her little baby overnight for their anniversary. So we're getting things ready, searching the house, and I realize we should make sure our cat's food, water, and litter box are all cleaned and ready for us to be gone for a day. I was the one who cleaned the litter box and bagged it up. I was going to throw it in the dumpster on the way to the car. So we're headed to the car when I had the thought that I should call Zumiez because that was the last place I had used it. I called them and Thankfully! they had it. I felt so relieved. I was just going to have Jesse get it so he could drop me off at my sisters so I could start watching her. When we get there I started taking our own bags out of the trunk when I realized I had an extra bag in my hand. At first I couldn't figure out what it was. But in a split second I realized that I had been carrying Snicker's poop bag in my hand the whole way to my sister's and didn't even notice it. I guess that proves how distressed and distracted I was.
No comments:
Post a Comment