Saturday, June 18, 2011

Should we throw Flowers or Tomatoes?


So because I usually don't have much to say on my blog, I've finally decided what I can actually blog about. Movies! Now, anyone in my family can tell you that we're all movie nuts. When i was younger (a.k.a. still living at home), every friday or saturday night was family movie night. It wasn't always something new, sometimes just whatever we had that everyone could agree on (which always took a while). haha Jesse always wonders how I can quote and remember movies so well. Well that's because I grew up watching movies over and over. I think it was a tactic of my parents. They had nine kids and movies were probably one of the few things that they could get us to hold still and not wreck havoc around the house. Now as I got older I actually went to the movie theatre a lot with friends. Of course, being the sweet 16 year older that I was and by using my powers of wooing, most of the time I didn't even have to pay for my own ticket. ;) And one thing that I love about my husband is that he loves to go to the movies too. So now i will start to blog about the movies we see. Whether I think they were worth the money and if I want to buy them when they come out on dvd.


The first movie I'm blogging about, we saw just last night. "Green Lantern" is another comic movie. This is a DC comic, not Marvel. DC is your Superman, Batman, the Justice League, etc. where as Marvel is X-Men, the Hulk, Iron Man, etc. IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) gave this movie a rating of 6.5 out of 10. Rotten Tomatoes sadly gave it a 4.5 out of 10. Unfortunately I think this movie was underrated. One mistake people have when they watch movies is they expect it to be the greatest movie to ever hit the screen. Well if you do that then off course you're going to be disappointed. Now, granted i wasn't really all that excited about this movie but Jesse wanted to see it so i agreed and we went. I was pleasantly surprised to find not only did I really like it but I kinda wanna see it again. So my rating would be a 7.75 out of 10. It does need a little more work, spend more time in some areas of the story, but then again that's why there's gonna be a second one right? Overall, was it worth the ticket price? We saw it in 3D so it was more expensive than normal. I thought it looked great in 3D. Especially all the parts when he was in space. Put that together with a HUGE screen and the entire room pitch black, you've got a pretty awesome space scene. Now it probably wasn't worth the $10 but I think it's worth seeing it on the big screen. Do I want to buy it when it comes out? Maybe not full price. Wait a little bit so it'll go on sale and grab it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good to know...we've both been dying to see it! Realize though, the reason why some people have been giving it such a low rating has been because of it's "accuracy" levels (or lack thereof). But hey, if it is fun and has decent enough values...Yay! Thanks for posting the review!