Tuesday, October 25, 2011
The other day I was reminded why I don't like cooking. Jesse recently won a really awesome basket with a lot of goodies. Two of the goodies were two Mason jars with cookie mixes. One was a Butterfinger cookie and the other an M&M cookie mix. In great anticipation and excitement, I decided to make the Butterfinger cookies. I hit my first problem. One of the ingredients in the jar was brown sugar. It was rock hard. I could not get it out. I could barely chip it for crying out loud. After about 15+ minutes of chipping and chipping and more chipping, I was finally able to get it out. Another problem was that because the brown sugar was so rock solid, it wasn't breaking up while mixing it. That then led to our mixer getting shot. It had been having troubles before, but that was the last straw for it. Determined to make these oh so delicious sounding cookies, I forged onward. Finally, with things mixed and oven heated, I put the first batch in. Wellll, then I remember something else. One of the things I had to add was butter and 3/4 was called for. Now our measuring cups are nice. I mean, they came from Bed Bath and Beyond so they have to be really good right? Wrong. The handle broke off one of them and that is where the measurement is labeled. So when I thought I was using the 1/4 cup, I was really using a 1/3 cup. After realizing that, I also remembered I forgot to set the timer on the oven. So I burned the cookies, however because I put in WAY too much butter, the cookies were still really soft. Needless to say, I pitched them and the batter. I was very upset about it and was reminded exactly why I don't like to cook or bake or anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment