Monday, April 27, 2009

Catch Up

Wow it's been a long time since I've posted. It's probably been so long you all have probably forgotten I even own a blog. But I have a reason as to why I haven't posted in FOREVER!

To begin my story I will start where my hard drive failed on my computer. Yes that's right. It decided to hop of the fail boat and tell the world good bye along with me and all of the information that I had on it. I guess there was a reason as to why I wanted to call my computer Dorkus. It decided to die about two weeks ago. It was making this clicking noise when I was trying to use it and then as my dear brother-in-law, Malone, would say, it gave me "the black screen of death!!!" I had my brother, Garth, look at it a couple of times but he didn't want to really look hard at it or else it would have voided the warranty because he would have needed to open it up. So when I got up here in good ol Rexburg, Idaho (yup I'm back at school going to BYU-Idaho) I took it to the Computer Help Desk here on campus to have them look at it. They mounted my hard drive on something nifty and it started to make the clicking noise again and that's when they told me the dreadful news. But since it was under warranty, because I haven't even had this computer for an entire year, they would order a brand new hard drive for me for FREE =D. I asked how much it would've been if I had to pay for it myself and they said about $60 for just the hard drive and then it would've been about another $50 for shipping and all of that other stuff. So I relinquished my computer to them and went along my way. Well I did that last Saturday and I didn't get my computer back til last Thursday evening. I thought I was going to die. Not because I'm dependent on my computer but because I AM dependent on it for all of the stuff I have to do with school. It's a relief to finally have it back.

Now onto the second part of my story. This Spring semester I was signed up to be taking 7 classes (14.5 credits). That's what I started with on Monday and Tuesday. By Wednesday and Thursday I had dropped five of classes and begging professors left and right to get into their class. The reason why I was doing all of this is because I thought that out of those 7 classes, three of them were supposed to be going towards me getting my Associates by the end of the year as well as my major and making 14 credits so I could qualify for a scholarship. But due to BYU-I changing a lot of how the different classes count as General courses and not updating their catalog online, I didn't know that those three didn't count as Generals anymore. So for Wednesday and Thursday I felt like a chicken with my head chopped off due to all of the crazy rearranging of my schedule. I think I rearranged it about 2-3 different times. Yeah it wasn't fun. But hey now Jesse and I are taking a class together =D! It's called Family Foundations. It focuses on the Proclamation to the Family. We've talked to the professor and he thinks it's a great thing that we're taking this class together and he said that we can go ahead and do all of the assignments together and everything as well. I'm really looking forward to all of it. Other than Family Foundations I am taking Interpersonal Communications (one of the classes I kept that DO count as a generals), Intro to Lit, Young Adult Lit, Clogging, and Women's Glee. The last three classes are for fun so I don't feel like shooting myself by the end of the semester, plus I had to make 14 credits. As for the other three they all count for something. So that has been my crazy last two weeks. I hope I didn't bore anyone too much.

One last thing...I went to the doctor today! *Ree Ree Ree* Needless to say I am now on birth control!lol Yay. Better periods here I come! Lucky me and lucky Jesse too. lol ;)

No comments: