So I just realized that it's been 4 weeks since my last post! Terribly sorry folks. So here's the update. Jesse and I are in Southern Illinois. Benton to be more precise, and are staying with his family. I've known Jesse's family since I was 11 but this is the first time that I've been able to actually get to know them. lol, they are tons of fun. Jesse's brothers, Brandon (20) and Travis (18), are both hilarious! I'm pretty sure they like me and don't mind having a sister. We actually went on a double date with Travis and his girlfriend last week. It was fun. We went out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings (which was really good) and then saw Invictus (don't watch it unless you're renting it from Redbox). I think I've surprised both of them with just how much of a "gamer" that I am and how I like a majority of the games that they play.
Jesse's mom is definitely excited to have another female in the house. lol, She'll come find me sometimes in the room we are in and shut the door saying she has to get away from the men. lol. Jesse's dad is really funny too. He's really relaxed and I feel like I get along with him quite well. haha as for Jesse's Grandpa Tony! He actually used to be my Sunday school teacher, just like his dad was too at one point, and I can officially say that I think Grandpa Tony has fallen in love with me. I think it's because i'm the only girl that Jesse has brought over who actually likes fish. And if you know Grandpa T, then you know he fishes A LOT! Plus it's fun for me because I've only ever known one grandpa my whole life.
Other than all of that, Jesse and I are enjoying being out of school and not having to worry about homework. For a while it was a little weird not having anything to do, but I think we've adjusted quite well. =] I was able to finish a trilogy (The Mortal Instruments Trilogy by Cassandra Clare; it's really good. I definitely recommend it!) that I had been reading and now I'm on the quest of beating a game finally.
Next Monday/Tuesday we'll be on our way to Florida and don't worry. I'll be posting plenty of pictures of palm trees!
No comments:
Post a Comment