Sunday, January 23, 2011

How Do You Deal With Pain?

Recently I've discovered how I deal with physical pain. You know, like the rip your hairs out very painfully over and over again until your skin is red hot kind of pain! Some people scream. Some people even cry. What do I do? I laugh.

A while ago my best friend, Keshia Miles, and I decided we were going to get our underarms and legs sugared. Sugaring is a lot like waxing, however it is supposedly less painful, it doesn't come back as quickly and if you do it often enough it will end up permanent. So we thought why not? Yesterday was the fated day. Don't let anyone ever tell you that it DOESN'T hurt. It hurts...a lot! Or at least it did for me. And honestly it hurt more on my legs than it did my armpits. Reason why I guess is because I come from a very hairy family whose hair is naturally very thick and courser than others. But like I said, I discovered that I laugh when it comes to hair ripping pain. The girls that were servicing us told us we needed to come back because we were so funny. One of them said they could hear me laughing all the way out in the main area where they do the haircuts. I don't know if I should be embarrassed about that or not.

But on the flip side to all of that pain we also got mini pedicures, I got acrylic nails (that are so stinkin cute, two of my fingers have purple glitter as the tip), and Keshia got a mini manicure. Plus now I don't have man legs as Jesse called it. But the one thing I am the most excited about is now anytime I get the goose bumps after shaving it's not going to be instant pricklies anymore. =D

No comments: