So all of you people who have been to college probably know all about donating plasma and the incentive of getting the little bit of extra cushioning in your wallet that is always desired when in college. Well for me I don't get any cushion at all. I tried to donate this week and was rejected! :(
I called earlier than I had to wake up so I could set up an appointment to have a physical, I had to rush down to the Plasma Center in between classes, and I did all of it for nothing. Yeah they got my picture taken and I filled out a flier pretty much signing my life away (or more like my fluids), and then...they weighed me! That's as far as I got. I don't usually like to talk about my weight but to understand why I was rejected and the understand the rest of my story I must reveal it. I weighed only 106, where as I needed to be 110 or above. UGH! I even tried to pig out all day just so I could get a couple of extra pounds. But nope it didn't work. I wasn't even there for 30 minutes before I made it back to my apartment. I didn't even get as far as them pricking my finger!!! But what is even more frustrating is that I bought a scale so I could watch my weight and know when i would be able to go back. Even more frustrating for me though is the next afternoon, after I had eaten two Egg McMuffin (just withought the Mc) sandwhiches I weighed myself and I was at 103! How ridiculous is THAT! I don't know if this sounds ridiculous or not but I really wonder if this is the Lord's way of giving me a trial! Know what I mean?
But I've settled with a plan that if I can't donate plasma, then I can still lie and donate blood. They don't weigh you for that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment