Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life Experiences

See I told you I would get better at posting. This is my second time this week =D...ok so it's not very much but oh well. But I also actually have new news today as well.
First
JESSE GOT ACCEPTED TO BYU-IDAHO!!! And I'm not even kidding about it this time. It is official and everything. How I know is because Jesse read the Congratulations letter and everything =D So life can now start progressing in that direction for him now. We still have to wait to find out what track he is on but that's for another day.
Second
I got pulled over for the first time ever and received my first ticket ever this morning. Fun huh? I was going 34 in a school zone. But I can promise that I didn't know I was going that fast. Especially because I know I'm always so cautious when driving in school zones. But apparently there was a cop standing on the corner with one of their machine thingies. I didn't see him at all! I had a coworker tell me later that she saw the whole thing. She said she saw the cop tag me and then talk into his shoulder mic. 5 seconds later and I see flashing lights in my mirror and hear the siren. I was praying that it was the cop telling me to just move over. My hopes were unfortunately dashed against the cold rocks that are cops wanting to get ahead on the monthly hand out of tickets. The cop then came up to my window and must have seen my dear in headlights expression because he was being really nice when he talked to me. That plus he obviously noticed the fact that I have Illinois plates and guessed I was a student. I told him that I hadn't been living in Logan long and that I go to BYU-Idaho. He was also super nice about the whole insurance and registration because my insurance card was out of date and I couldn't even find the registration. I just told him that I had no idea what it even looked like because I had never needed to get it out before and never been pulled over. He told me that he knew what Utah's looked like but not Illinois so he didn't make me show it. After that he left me to think about what I had done and pray for the best. After letting me sweat and making me that much more late for work he finally came back and gave me a citation and informed me that I have to appear before a judge. I was sitting there thinking to myself..."You've got to be joking. Seriously? A judge?" But yes a judge. So at 3:30 next Wednesday I will then be sweating more bullets in the court house. Let's just pray for the best and prepare for the worst. But a good note to all of this is Jesse then sent me flowers at work to cheer me up. lol In the note with the flowers it said "From a guy who loves you in hopes that mean old cops get a flat tire in the middle of nowhere." lol He's such a goof.
The flowers Jesse sent me at work with my citation

1 comment:

theresa1992 said...

I have been pulled over a few times. However, I have always been able to get out of a ticket. My next time may not be so lucky. Anyway, you need to find the registration so you can at least say you know where it is for future reference.