So continuing from my previous post I will now tell you the adventure I had in the Logan City Municipal and the result of my appearance before the judge due to my speeding ticket. It was this past Wednesday that I had to go in and it was also the only time that I could even go. Reason being is that you have no less than 5 days and no more than 14 days of receiving your citation that you HAVE to appear before the judge. So I thankfully was able to get off of work early to make sure I could even find the place that I was supposed to go to. Thankfully I did find the place but I also found it pretty quick which meant I had a half hour to kill before I actually had to be there. Talk about nerve racking. I walked in and found out that I couldn't take any electronic devices in i.e. cellphone, Ipod, MP3, etc which meant I had to make another trip out to my car to ditch everything and then go back in. I also had to walk through a metal detector and I swear I set that thing off 5 times before it would stop beeping at me. I was so embarrassed because there was a line of people behind me. I also had to let an officer rummage through my purse. Guess it's a good thing I thought to take out my pocket knife I always have with me but I can't say anything about my womanly products. If anything that's what he gets. Next came 2o minutes of sitting in a room and watching a video that was relaying all of my rights, which all of it went straight over my head because I didn't even know what applied to me considering all I had was a traffic violation. The video was talking about being sentenced to jail for weeks with thousands of dollars worth in fines. Yeah the sweat bullets were definitely starting at that point. After the video was done the judge finally walked in. She seemed nice enough, sitting there chattin with the officer in the room and to the secretary lady. A couple of people went before me but my name was finally called and I shakily walked up to the pulpit to face my charge. After a little questioning and me relaying my story the judge asked me if I would like to be sentenced that day or come back in three. I seriously told her, "Well if you would like to sentence me today that would be great." (So I was nervous, wouldn't you be?) After reviewing everything with me again and asking what I would like to plead, which I admitted to being guilty, the verdict was...(drum roll please)...FOUR DAYS IN JAIL...or pay a $190.75 fine. Yeah lets just say I went ahead and paid the fine IMMEDIATELY after I walked out of the room. I was so ready to get out of there and to never lay eyes upon that lady ever again in my life. Life however had a different route for me. The next day (Thursday) I went to one of my niece's (Morwyn, Terra's oldest) childrens opera thingy for her 2nd grade class. At the end of it as I was standing by the door you wont believe who I saw. The Judge!!! My eyes must have been bugging out and I immediately turned to Terra and told her who it was. She got a really good kick out of it. The only thing that kept going through my head was if she recognized me or not. Either way it's a good thing I got a ride from Terra over to the school. lol. But oh well. It's another one of life's experiences. I was talking to my dad about it later and he asked me if I had learned my lesson. I told him that I had, which was to pay attention to where you're speeding ;D
Also continuing from the other subject of my last post is that Jesse finally found out what track he is on for school. He is on the Spring/Fall track!!! Which is the same track as me (they changed the name Summer/Fall to Spring/Fall now. It's so confusing). So the gist of that is he is on the same track as me!!! For a while though he still didn't know if he was going to go ahead and try to sell Pinnacle but after lots and lots of praying about it he decided it would be best for him to stay and finish school as soon as possible. Which is all fine and dandy for me =D I'm so happy and excited that he is staying. He is already registered for classes and found an apartment that he'll be moving into and everything. I'm so excited for him.
Well that's all pretty much my news for now other than I'll be going up to Rexburg next week because it's Jesse's birthday March 18th. Until something else happens, hopefully not another speeding ticket.
No comments:
Post a Comment