Thursday, November 25, 2010

Memories

Maybe it's just me but have you ever gone through your songs list and when you hear one it makes you remember a place. It could be where you first heard it or you were doing something specific while listening to it. As for me, when I listen to some songs they make me think of where I was living at the time. Take Florida for example. Anytime I hear "Smile" by Uncle Cracker, or "Hey Soul Sister", by Train, I always remember walking through the tunnels to get to work at Disney World. They always had those songs playing. Not only that but when I drink Blue Powerade it makes me think of Florida too. That's what I always drank at work on my breaks. That and it makes me flashback to walking out of my apartment and walking over to the pool feeling the wonderful sunshine and seeing all of the palm trees. So hears a challenge, albeit a weird one, go through your songs list and make a list of what ones remind you of something or somewhere. It may be something very interesting you discover while doing this. And by all means make your own post with your own song list.

Mt. Vernon, IL (adolescent teenage years)
"Here Comes the Boom" - Nelly
"Hotel California" - Eagles (I was so in love with this song in Junior High. I always listened to it when riding the bus to school)
"Yeah" - Usher

BYU-Idaho, Rexburg (early college career/pre-marriage)
"I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
"Home" - Michael Buble

Logan, UT (when I lived with Brittany and Malone/dating Jesse)
"Heartless" - Kanye West
"Pop Goes My Heart" - Music and Lyrics

BYU-Idaho, Rexburg (post marriage)
"Fireflies" - Owl City
"Love Drunk" - Boys Like Girls
"Funhouse" - Pink

Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
"Nothin On You" - B.o.B ft. Bruno Mars
"Hey Soul Sister" - Train
"Smile" - Uncle Cracker

Logan, UT (Now!)
"Grenade" - Bruno Mars
"We No Speak American0" - Yolando Be Cool vs. D Cup (this is my alarm)

No comments: