So since I've been watching too much HGTV I decided to make my own headboard. I've been dying to do it for a long time so I sat down and finally looked it up. It's actually a lot simpler than you would think. I seriously think it took us a total of thirty minutes to complete. The hardest part was picking out the fabric. What you need is...
a designated size of length and width of board. We chose 6' x 2.5' particle board ($8, Lowes). We have a king and wanted to make it the same width as the bed. The 2.5' width is because that was the width that we could fit through the hole to the trunk where we tilted the seats down in our car.
Designated fabric. We went a little more expensive and
got this really nice leather type of fabric ($17 per yard, Hobby Lobby)...
(Update Aug. 25) Batting ($13, Hobby Lobby) we used a Full size quilt batting for this. We just folded it in half and stapled it. Staple gun & staples ($15, Lowes)...
Honestly, the pictures don't do it justice but, Tada!
For no more than $65 (approximately) our bed looks
like a million bucks!!! Minus the new bedspread.
1 comment:
It looks awesome! Good job you guys!!!
Post a Comment