Monday, August 1, 2011

Doctor Update

So I guess I should let you all know what happened at my doctor visit. Not too much. We talked to one of the mini doctors. You know, the ones who aren't the actual specialist but works with the specialist hoping to become a specialist themselves. Anyway, we talked to him after they checked me out a little and explained that they wanted to do more tests. I was like yeah ok that sounds good. That is until I learned exactly what they were going to do.

Now I guess I can let you know the exact type of problem I have. I get way too many bladder infections. If you want to stop reading, be my guest. You can skip to my post about our move. If you've already read that, well go read it again. So anyway, what exactly they wanted to do was a Cystoscopy. Yeah it's hard for me to pronounce too. Basically it's where they stick a camera in a not very nice place and take a look around at things. That happened this last Monday (which was supposed to happen the Friday before but schedules kept getting mixed up.) So I went and did that on Monday. Don't let anyone tell you it doesn't hurt. Cause it does. Really, really badly.
Results from the procedure showed that there was nothing weird hiding in there. I didn't have a weird African fungus lurking about. But apparently my Urethra is shorter than normal and it is set back. I don't really know what that means either. Let's just say it made it very difficult for the doctor to find it. They also did an ultrasound of my kidneys and they checked out fine. So apparently I'm just extremely unlucky when it comes to getting these infections.

But here is the kicker about all of this. After the Cystoscopy, multiple ultrasounds, paying bookue bucks and other stuff, what the doctor "prescribes" me is water. Drink more water. Apparently I should start going to the bathroom about six times a day and once at night. Isn't that ridiculous? Is there anyone who even does that on a normal basis? Now however stupid this all seems and dumb that we had to pay a doctor so much just to tell me drink more water, at least that's all he had to tell me.

1 comment:

Lucie Lee said...

Hey Ashley. I was looking through my files and found the list of the "sisters blogs" from the 28th ward. So I was curious and started stalking sisters from the ward or that were in the ward. And since you're at the beginning of the list, you made it to my reading for tonight. Anyways, I read your Doctor's visit post and I HAD to comment. I actually dealt with the same kind of thing for the first year of our marriage, at least monthly. And it has now disappeared. I didn't go through the whole cystoscopy thing but here are the things I did and they might have been what made the bladder infections nonexistent. I did started to drink a lot more water, and a TON of cranberry juice. I also took some cranberry pills (just over the counter stuff), and I also took some probiotic pills.
Anyways, seriously email me and we can talk about it if you'd like. I know how it feels..blaaaaaaah, so so so (times a million) lame-o! GOOD LUCK