Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weather Update

So I realize that I haven't posted anything really since we moved to Washington other than pictures of my cat, Snickers. Sooo, here is the weather update. Life is great. Republic is tiny (I'm pretty sure I've said that multiple times by now) but I am actually doing a lot better with it than I thought. I have lived in an area like this before so it did feel similar if not worse when we finally pulled up to our new house. But ever since we got cable, life could not be better. (ok so it could but I'm good for now). I seriously think that HGTV is on non-stop whenever I wake up. Even when I'm in our office "working" I still have an unobstructed view of the TV. However I mainly have it on for background noise to cover Snickers' snoring (no joke).

Other than TV and working we like to go to Spokane every other weekend. According to Jesse it's about the same size or bigger than Salt Lake City and has a really nice AMC theatre there. It has 20 theatre rooms and we always go there. We also like to go to the malls and there is a temple close by that we were lucky to go visit on our last trip. But here is something really exciting! I finally got my passport in the mail! We can now go to Grand Forks, British Columbia, Canada! They have an A&W there and Jesse has been dying to go ever since we got here. It's a good thing it's only about thirty minutes away. So that will be a trip for sometime next week.

Other really fun stuff is we have begun to paint some of the rooms in our house. It is a rental so we made sure to ask if the landlord wanted to pay for it. Which she did! Woohoo! Can't get much better than that! We just finished the office and boy can I tell you I'm so happy with the new paint color. Here are some before and after pictures.



I don't know if you can tell in the pictures but the walls (including the side boards and ceiling) were a light turquoise-ish, kind of a baby blue and the closet/window sill was a lavender purple. Plus on the right wall in the picture above, someone tried to sponge paint the purple over the blue. Not only did it look like a five year old's room, but I kept expecting a unicorn to pop out of the closet any minute. That, plus it looked like the unicorn barfed on the wall too. This is what it looks like now.




We painted the walls pebble gray and repainted the side boards, ceiling, closet, and window white. It looks so much better. It's clean, looks bigger and is now a more pleasing color. Our next painting project will be the kitchen. That one will take us a little more time as it consists of taking wallpaper down. If you know of some easy or simple ways to take wallpaper down, please let me know. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't applied directly to the drywall, or at least here's hoping.

No comments: