Friday, November 14, 2008

I guess I'll go eat worms...

So I just found out some very interesting news about how many credits I should really have brought up here to BYU-Idaho. At the beginning of last semester only 6 credits (College Alg and Trig) transferred from Rend Lake College (the local community college that I was taking dual-credit courses with in High School) with me. Well today I went to the Academic Advising Office to find out the rest of the General courses that I need to take and through all of this process I found out that out of the 8 courses that I took, only 2 transferred. So instead of having 6 credits I should have had 28 credits transfer. Talk about Wowza. The reason why this happened is because I requested for Rend Lake to send BYU-I my transcript in February which is while I was still taking a majority of my classes. So therefore my transcript didn't show all of them. Also I did the math and including ALLL of the credits from Rend Lake and BYU-I, at the end of this semester I will only need 9 more credits in order to graduate with an Associates!!! Isn't that nuts? So I've been thinking of taking some classes down at the community college in Ely while I am off track and living with mom and dad over the winter! But who knows? There is a lot of other stuff that ties in with all of this but we wont go there.
Oh and for the reason of my title, in my Biology lab today we had the extra credit opportunity to eat a meal worm (i think that's what it's called). The lab delt with bugs so hence the worm. I did it of course, cuz you can never pass up an extra credit opportunity and it wasn't that bad. They fried the worms first and then put seasoning salt on them for us so when I ate mine it was pretty hollow and just a little crunchy. Taste wasn't bad at all it was just all of the mind set from the beginning. But here is a picture of the little buggers! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did eating it! lol.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yay for the credits. Nasty for the worms. YUCK!