Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving and Black Friday Madness

Well Thanksgiving was like any other thanksgiving day. I slept in late, woke up and ate and ate and ate!!! Then we proceeded to go to Grandma Reese's house to do what our family does best. Play card games and jokingly talk trash as we screw each other up while quoting movies and coming up with the craziest and most random stuff ever. (I love my family so much =)

But this year Brittany convinced me to go do Black Friday shopping with them. So after we left Grandma's house at around 7:30ish Brittany and Malone dropped me off at Best Buy with a lawn chair so that I could sit in line that was already backed up 30 people. So I was left to hold the fort all by myself in the freezing cold while Brittany and Malone went to get reinforcements such as tons of blankets, hand warmers, hot chocolate, and games. So for the next 10 hours we got our neighbor in front of us to play Phase 10, eat junk food, and watch Pirates of the Caribbean with us. Our neighbor's name was Mitch and he was all by himself so that's why we invited him to join us. He ended up being a ton of fun to hang out with in the wee hours of the morning. lol We pretty much joined ranks and acted like he was with us the whole time. We tried to help each other out as much as we could when it came to getting stuff. But here is the funny part. I waited in line for 10 hours for NOTHING!!! I wasn't even there to buy anything. I was there for moral support I guess. lol. Also at 4:30 I left Best Buy to go to the mall and wait there with Rachel and my mom and dad. Another funny thing is that I didn't get anything there either. Once again I was just there for the moral support.

However, overall I had tons of fun even though I pulled an all nighter for no reason. I usually only do those when I have tons of homework. (sshh don't tell mom and dad ;) But as usual with me, I have pictures to go along with my story. I hope you enjoy!

Sitting in line for Best Buy

Waiting at the mall where my ice cream cone
and I were reunited at last! (See August posts)

No comments: