So I've been meaning to post this for a long time now but just now got to it. Ok, so this semester I am taking a Color and Design class for my Art major and boy oh boy am I having so much fun. We've already turned in two projects and on both I've had tons of fun with them and my teacher has really liked them too. Oh and in this class we only paint with Acrylics.
First we did an Achromatic (Black and White) picture. The subject was the human face. It could be anything on the face, or the whole face, or whatever. So I of course used Jesse as my guinea pig and used our 5 headed lamp as my spotlight thingy. I just unscrewed all the lights except for one. Clever aren't I? Anyway, it came to the due date and when we have to turn our pictures in, we first have to hang them up on the wall and the class critiques them. Also, with the teacher that I have, he has us all vote for the one that we thought had the best design. Not the best face or picture, but the best design. And mine got in the top 5! I was so surprised and proud of my painting! Also there is one thing that will light up any art student's week even more is when the professor puts your art piece on "The Wall!"
"The Wall" is the main area that all of the art classrooms lead to. And "The Wall" is there for the teachers to put up their favorite art pieces that their students do. Then, EVERYBODY sees it, and you feel all fuzzy and warm inside because then you see people admire your work. Plus it's a big bonus because that means your teacher liked what you did. Let's just hope this wasn't a fluke and that I can make it on "The Wall" some more!

Tada!!!
Achromatic Acrylic Painting
Title: "My Phantom"
(yeah it's cheezy but it reminded me of Phantom of the Opera)

"The Wall"
These are all of the other paintings my teacher liked too...
Can you see Jesse?

Ok so I had so much fun doing that project
and I had some more board, so I did one of myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment