Monday, October 19, 2009

Caught Red Handed

So the second art project that we turned in was a Monochromatic painting. Monochromatic is where it is only one color, but you are using the different values of that one color. Hopefully I just made sense right there. Well, for this project the subject was Children's Stories. And our teacher actually said that even if we made it up it could count...so basically anything as long as it rang as kiddy...in a way....
Well, after drawing a bagillion thumbnails (little sketches about the size of your thumbnail) trying to figure out what in the heck I was going to do, I finally settled on Alice in Wonderland. Now I don't really have any fond memories of this story, in fact it actually scared me when I was a little kid and still kind of does. But I really liked the card soldiers so I went for it. And vwalla! I give you the card soldiers painting the roses red.

"Caught Red Handed"
Monochromatic Acrylic Painting

(close up)

Oh and just so everyone knows. I did come up with this design by myself. I did use the characters but I did not copy the placement or the overall design of this piece. It came out of my own noggin. There was a question that was raised in class of if I had just copied it. I'm betterthan that! But we actually just turned this project in today and this time I got 2nd in the class vote!!! =] Let's just hope I'll make "The Wall" again! That would be sweet!

No comments: