Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Wards...DUN DUN DUN

Holy hannah am I used to a Student Singles Ward. This past Sunday I went to church with Brittany, which just so happens to be the same ward as my other two sisters Rachel and Terra, and we had a pleasant opening and a pleasant sacrament. And then came the next 45 minutes of little kids screaming, playing, whispering loud enough not to be a whisper, and all other things a child can come up with during sacrament meeting. I just sat there listening to this cacophony wondering if anyone else could hear it or if I might go deaf from it. I felt bad for the speaker because how could she compete with the chorus of 12 screams going on at once. I can seriously say that I didn't get anything out of sacrament that day. Sounds terrible I know but I tried to pay attention. But like a bug drawn to a light I just couldn't stay away. I felt like I could almost conduct the different pitches and cadences of the screams coming from the various kids. But all I tried to tell myself at the time was "the Lord loves the little children." And of course after all of that, I went and joined Brittany and Malone in nursery. Oh how the Lord loves the little children!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Many years ago, I lived with my sister for a summer. I went to their ward my first week there and there were 6 baby blessings! I think there was about 3 minutes left for testimonies. I decided it was time to find the singles ward for the summer. Family wards are great, aren't they? Our's is a little quieter, but unfortunately that means people can hear when Kaden "whispers" to us that he needs to go poopoo.

Shannon said...

Hilarious! That is our ward to a "T!"

Piouette said...

Nursery for 2 hours AH!!! REmidns me of Don & I just after we got married. Thomas wasn't born for almost 4 years after that!!!!!!!!